4th Annual Fithappens Taco Run/5K
Location:DFW Metro / Royse City, TX
April 18, 2020 / 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Fithappens Gym is hosting its 4th annual informal 5K event to benefit Union Valley Volunteer Fire Department.
WHY WE HOLD THE EVENT
Union Valley Volunteer Fire Department consist of all volunteers. Volunteer firefighters must be properly trained and certified. A fire department has many cost associated with it – firefighter’s full gear can cost over $15,000, hundreds to thousands of dollars to maintain equipment, training, fuel, supplies, and more. To ensure these men and women are fully prepared to serve their communities, this is a cost that cannot be avoided.
While both the federal and state governments have possible grants that fire departments can apply for, this is rare meaning they are still heavily self-funded. The best source of these funds is the local community.
That’s the reason each year Fithappens Gym holds an annual 5K walk/run. We appreciate everything that our Volunteer Fire Department does for our community. This is our way to support and give back to them. All proceeds go to the Union Valley Volunteer Fire Department.
Open to everyone of all ages !!!
Run, walk, push the stroller, crawl, carry a child on your back…we have seen it all! We encourage everyone to participate and assist us in raising funds to support the Union Valley Volunteer Fire Department.
**THIS IS NOT A CHIP TIMED RACE.**
• We will have a very simple, almost flat course.
• The volunteers from the fire department will on-site to help with traffic control and medical needs should they arise.
• Guaranteed prizes for the top male and female participants.
• Participants registered by 3/31/19 will be guaranteed an event shirt.
• Register online at fithappensgym2020.eventbrite.com
• Early Bird Registration – $25 – Must register before March 30, 2020.
• Advance Registration – $35 – Must register between April 1 – April 17, 2020.
• Onsite Registration – $45 (Cash Only)
• If you are registering more than one person, please choose “Group Registration” to complete in one transaction.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
• Registration and packet pick up will open at 7 am. Registration will close at 7:45 am.
• Please be sure to arrive early to allow time to pick up the packet and/or register.
• The race will begin promptly at 8 am.
• Awards and race times will be available shortly after the event.
• Please no pets. 🙁
• If you are racing and have small children that will not be walking/running the race with you, please be sure to have someone there to watch over them. We are not responsible for your children and do not want to see them get hurt.
• No playing on gym equipment. We do not want to risk any injuries without proper supervision.
Add to My Calendar
Remove from My Calendar